Friday, December 12, 2008

December, finals and Leave

I spent the last week of november back home in virginia beach, and came back to school with less than 2 weeks to finals so i haven't really had any time to work on the boat. Last weekend Tai and I satyed saturday night on his boat while we finished prepping his bilge for paint. I also got some wood work done for both boats. While i've been busy studying hard for classes i purchsed line clutches, a deck organizer, some blocks, and some other hardware i need to run the main and jib halyards to the cockpit. I'm going t o mount them and the better of the two winches from the mast on the cabin top to make shorthanded sailing a lot easier. We are still waiting for the boat yard to get the boats tented and sandblasted. Hopefully they get the bottoms blasted before we get back in january. I have a final tomorrow and not another one until wednesday afternoon, so around noon tomorrow we are heading to the yard until around noon on tuesday. They are suppossed to have the wood for my frame waiting for me so i'll get that built and get a tarp on my boat, then i'll be able to start cleaning out my interior enough to work. After my final wednesday i will be flying home again, so no work on the boat until i get back in january, but i should be coming back with lots of goodies for the boat. :-D Thats it for now, back to studying for my fluids mechanics final.

No comments: