Sunday, February 22, 2009

NEW ENGINE!

As of Friday night, the O'Kaye has a new power plant. It is a 2004 mercury 9.9 remote, electric start outboard. It was a dealership display model and has 0 hours on it, and comes with a factory warranty that started Friday. I also am just about finished with the new electric panel for the boat. A coat or two of paint and it will be ready to go. I found out the weekend before this one that i need to replace all of the thru-hulls and seacocks on the boat. I found a website that was having a great sale and got all of them for $142. The one seaock sells for over $90 alone normally. I also started mounting a winch on the cabin top as part of my project to run the halyards to the cockpit. Here are pics of the motor and the winch.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does it get good nautical miles per hour?

Everything is "green" out here... had to ask!